Streets and properties
Suggestions
6 random streets from the Falkirk Council area:
Name of pools on the River Carron popular with local people.
Ken Shirra is a local historian who has done more than most to preserve the past of the New Carron / Bainsford / Langlees area.
John Smeaton was one of the greatest civil engineers of the 18th century. He designed the Forth and Clyde canal (1768-1790) and managed the construction. The street is close to the canal.
John (Jock) Muirhead was a stalwart of the Bo’ness United Football Club, having served as the club’s chairman and as a committee member. Despite ‘being an incomer’ he became an integral part of the local community and his legacy at Bo’ness United remains.
Huge droves of black highland cattle were driven through Torwood on their way to the famous Falkirk Trysts at Redding, Roughcastle and Stenhousemuir.
Ian Don was the proprietor of a newsagent/gift shop in Bo’ness town centre for many years. He was very well known as a local historian and photographer and Treasurer of Bo'ness Community Council for several years.